Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Week #16 - Restaurants

Week 16 - Restaurants: What was your favorite local restaurant as a child? Where was it located and what was your favorite meal? Did you know the staff personally? What is your favorite restaurant now?

We rarely ate out as a family when we were kids(probably at least in part due to the fact that there were 6 of us so it was pretty expensive). However, when we visited my grandparents we were sometimes able to get carry out from a little pizza/sub shop named Milano's. It was located on Brown Street in Dayton on the edge of the University of Dayton's campus and a short walk from my grandparent's house. I don't remember ever getting anything there besides a grilled ham and provolone sub (no onions please) and an order of potatoes with extra sour cream. If the weather was nice, we would call in our order and then walk over with my grandfather to pick it up. The place was a little hole in the wall that was well loved by the college student population. There were often the same people working there who usually looked less than thrilled to be there, especially on busy weekend nights.

Today I would still count Milano's as one of my favorite places to eat. It's location has changed slightly, as they moved into a bigger and new location nearby a few years ago, but the menu still has my old favorites on it. Writing this post is making me hungry! If they only delivered, I would get my grilled ham and provolone and potatoes for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment