Thursday, April 14, 2011

Week #15 - Sports

Sports. Did you have a favorite sports team as a child? If so, which one and why. Did your parents follow the same teams? Do you still support the same teams?

I should mention that it is Heather writing this post, and not Jeanne. She and Susan decided the sports post should be written by me.

I don't think that any of us could say that we really had one favorite sports team growing up, but we did watch sports fairly often. Mostly one of the following teams:

The Chicago Cubs - All summer our grandmother would watch the Cubs. I seem to remember Grandma telling a story about riding the train to Wrigley Field to see games because they had a "Ladies Day" when women could get into the games for free (or $0.25.)

The Chicago Bears - Especially the '85 Bears when they won the Superbowl. We had a VHS tape of The Superbowl Shuffle and I watched it a million times. I was probably the only one who watched it repeatedly, but everyone knew the song!

The Cleveland Browns - Our Dad was a Cleveland Browns fan and we would watch the games sometimes. Susan said that they always made Dad mad though, and I have to say the same thing happens now at my house every Sunday with my husband also having the curse of being a Cleveland Browns fan. I just wish they could have a winning season!

The University of Dayton Flyers Basketball - We probably watched more basketball on TV then anything else. Our Mom is a college basketball lover, especially UD basketball. This past season my 2 year old learned half of the team from some basketball cards he got. I think you could safely call him a UD fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment