Wednesday, June 9, 2010

5 Questions for Jeanne

Q: Who are you?
A: I'm a 36 year old midwesterner. My most important and rewarding role is being a mother to my 3 year old daughter who had a rough start in life as a micropreemie and has Cerebral Palsy as a result. However, I am also a part-time government employee, avid reader and someone who loves to spend time with my friends and family.

Q: What is your favorite childhood memory?
A: It's hard to pin down just one so I will just say all of the many weekends spent with my grandparents as a child. We (siblings, cousins and I) LOVED to spend the night at their house because it meant doing all the things we did not get to do at home - staying up late, building forts in the closet, drinking brown cows, having Bop (my grandpa) push us on the swings at the park, watching the horses practice at the fairgrounds(go Benji), and playing video games at our favorite bar Kramers!

Q: Who are you named after?
A: My first name, Jeanne, is also my grandmother's first name and we both are called "Jeannie". My middle name is Marie which is not a family name that I know of but it apparently goes well with Jeanne.

Q: Do you have any special talents?
A: I don't know about talents but I think I have somewhat of an eye for fashion or at least what colors and styles are flattering on others. My family always says that they can tell when I don't "approve" of what they are wearing because I don't have much of a poker face. At least within my extended family I am the go-to girl if a fashion opinion is needed. If I had unlimited funds, buying clothes would be at the top of my list of splurges. For some reason, I am not that into shoes though. I probably have only 2 or 3 pair that I wear for each season and that's it.

Q: What do you hope to do with the extra income that comes from the business?
A: At first, probably just practical things like paying off debt etc but I'd also like to put aside some money to try explore some alternative therapies for my daughter. I am particularly fascinated by The Anat Baniel Method.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I forgot all about Kramers!! I had lots of fun times at your grandparents, too. I always thought you grandma was the coolest because she had long heair. She was the only grandma I knew with long hair.
    --Kristen

    ReplyDelete