Thursday, January 13, 2011

Treasure Chest Thursday - German Ancestry

While we were home for Christmas I was showing my husband's teenage cousin how to use Ancestry.com to find out information about her family history. She mentioned to me that her aunt had a folder of "paperwork" that contained important family names and dates. I was surprised to hear this because I had never seen this folder - and I thought I had shamed everyone in the family into showing me ALL important family documents. Turns out my mother-in-law thought she had shared this folder with me a long time ago. So I got a fun after-Christmas present - lots of family documents - including many baptism records from mid-19th century Germany. The below record is for Franz Radimersky - my husband's great-great-grandfather.

No comments:

Post a Comment