Friday, March 25, 2011

Week 12: Movies

Week 12: Movies. Did (or do you still) see many movies? Describe your favorites. Where did you see these films? Is the theater still there, or is there something else in its place?

My earliest movie theater memory was going to see the Muppets movie with my Dad and siblings. I don't really remember anything about the actual movie but after doing a little Google search I think it may have been The Great Muppet Caper from 1981. I do remember that McDonalds gave away glasses with Miss Piggy on them and we all got one. I wish I could remember what theater we went to but I can't. Maybe one of my siblings remembers? It could have been the Flicker Palace theater in Huber but I am not sure.

The other movie memory that really stands out was going with my Mom and sister Susan to see Dirty Dancing at the movie theater in Beavercreek. This came out in 1987 when I was in 8th grade. What a great love story! White keds and jean shorts were wardrobe staples that summer. Once that movie came out on VHS we rented it frequently!

Other than movie theater memories, my favorite movie memory is watching Girls Just Want To Have Fun over and over. We rented it so many times from the video store, it would have made more sense to just buy it! Heather probably watched it more than the rest of us though given her habit as a kid of watching movies on repeat.



I rarely watch movies now. My movie watching significantly slowed down after Natalie's birth. I could probably make the time to catch a few every now and then but when I have a quiet amount of time it's not always for a 2 hour stretch at once and there are often other things that need to be done if I do!

Please share your movie memories with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment